The Federation is currently focusing on three tasks:
- Translating and promoting its standard definition of plain language.
- Developing an international standard for plain language.
- Exploring options for training and certifying plain language practitioners.
Our broader agenda
We set these initiatives as priorities after we received feedback to an options paper published as an edition of the Clarity journal in 2010. The 2010 paper sets out the broad agenda that the Federation will explore as we work to promote and increasingly professionalise plain language.
- The definition of plain language
- Plain language standards
- An international plain language institution
- Training and certification for practitioners
- Research and publications
- Plain language advocacy
You can download a copy of the full options paper on the Clarity website.