International Plain Language Federation Board
The Federation Board is appointed under the Constitution. It is made up of 13 members selected as follows:
Six of the members are nominated by the Federation’s three founding plain language organisations: the Plain Language Association International (PLAIN), Clarity and the Center for Plain Language.
These members select a further six members to represent a wide range of countries and languages.
The Board can also select a thirteenth member as its chair, or nominate a chair from its 12 members.
The current Board members are:
- Dr. Annetta Cheek (United States)
- Julie Clement (United States)
- Christopher Balmford (Australia)
Center for Plain Language Representatives
- Dr. Susan Kleimann (United States)
- David Lipscomb (United States)
- Margrethe Kvarenes (Norway)
Country and language representatives
- Gergely Vera (Hungary)
- Roma Galen Velez (Mexico)
- Miguel Martinho (Portugal )
- Lynda Harris (New Zealand)
- Torunn Reksten (Norway)
- Karen Schriver (United States)